LMD: CONCORDE SUN 14


This piece is part of a short series of illustrations that were a tribute to the Concorde. The title refers to the 14 Concordes that were used in service. I have always been fascinated by Concordes, they presented amazing advances in aviation design and engineering but were only in flight for around 35 years. They're appearance was so distinct that I think they would be more recognisable than any other commercial plane at the time or since. I find that the image of the Concorde evokes a feeling of nostalgia in me, which I've tried to communicate in this piece. Like everything that is taken away from us I think there is something a little sad about the retirement of the Concorde fleet, although perhaps it's removal has added to it's elevation as a hero of aviation.

2 comments:

mfm999 said...

Hi Luke:
I love your work and have featured "Concorde Sun 14" on my blog, designKULTUR. Hope You enjoy! Cheers from Vancouver, Michael.


http://designkultur.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/transportation-mach-2-»concorde-sun-14«-by-luke-morgan/

LUKE MORGAN said...

Thank you Michael, I appreciate it. I couldn't find your email address so I thank you here.

Post a Comment