PIVOT - DARK ANIMATION

Pivot from Pivot on Vimeo.


I found this awesome little animation late last night on behance. There is so much going on here I like I dunno where to start. Perhaps the execution. I love the way this has been stylised, the character animation instantly took me back to the early-mid 90s 3d video games. A time where sprites were being replaced by clunky 3d objects in a 3d space. At the time I hated it! But it has developed so much since. I think the 3d style works wonderfully here, the creators have got the most from the bare essentials. The "clunky" style of the modeling is even replicated in the creator's logo, perhaps it's their trademark style? The animation is wonderfully dark in lighting and mood which really helps to draw you in to the narrative. I think they have done a great job with the sound too. Watch this and check out the vimeo profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment