CARLOS LLOBET: CASSETTES


As I mentioned a few posts ago I'm currently working on a project that makes use of cassette tapes, and in doing so have discovered the nostalgic beauty in them. I've also usually got a project on the go that somehow involves skulls or a skull, or if not I'll at least be thinking about skulls. I could not help but post this piece by Carlos Llobet. As soon as I saw it I thought "YES!". I love the way he has stylised the skull and reworked it to fit within the confines a cassette tape surface whilst keeping it clearly recognisable. I probably would have approached this in a different way, looking for an abstract crop of a skull rather than trying to use the whole thing however I think Carlos' approach is a brilliant and near perfect execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment