MAGNUS HENRIKSEN: The MAJESTIC MATTERHORN


I spotted this piece by Magnus Henriksen, I love his style and subject matter. Perhaps I just have a thing for mountains at the moment. Symbolism wiki states that:

"Mountains can be used to create a secluded, isolated or hard to reach place. Such a place could symbolize loneliness or difficult to achieve mental, spiritual or emotional states."

I think these themes are emphasised in this piece through the style of photography and post-photographic work. The worn away/old look gives a feeling of nostalgia or places it in a world of dark fairy tales.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow I thought this was yours for a sec! Super cool.
You should do more of the Concorde Sun style work...this whole aesthetic suits you!

LUKE MORGAN said...

Yeah I love it! I've got a couple of ideas coming together for some more. I thought it might be cool to do something with mount wellington.

Post a Comment