TAPE DECK








I'm working on a project at the moment uses of old cassette tape imagery. My first step was to try and get my hands on some old-school tapes, this wasn't too hard, my local tip shop had an enormous selection. After getting re-acquainted with the designs, textures and sounds of the old tapes and developing a new love for them it occurred to me that these are so cool that there must be some sort of online following. With out to much trouble I found tapedeck.org, I'm going to take a guess and say it's the biggest collection of cassette tape imagery in the internet. It's amazing to see all of these old tape designs lined up next to each other. I don't think I would have ever imagined who good these would look. I feel like I should be starting my own collection, I think these may become (if they aren't already) collectors items.

2 comments:

RuthiV said...

I really did get you the best birthday present then, didn't I!

LUKE MORGAN said...

Haha, it's sitting right here :)

Post a Comment