MICHAL MOZOLEWSKI: NATURAL FACE


Michal Mozolewski's behance folio is full of all sorts of tasty treats. This one in particular caught my eye. Like many of his other works this involves abstract experiments in photo manipulation, but to be quite honest I'm not sure exactly how he achieves the look of his work at all. They all have a unique look and feel while still appearing to be related to each other in some way. What I liked about this piece is the feeling of temperature that is expressed through colour and texture – it feels freezing cold (and I live in a fairly cold part of the world). I think the combination of slightly desaturated, but cool colours combined with the crystalline texture of what appears to be ice crystals is what Michal has executed perfectly. The abstraction of the image invites the viewer to make their own interpretation. For me I think of what it would feel like to dive in to Antarctic/Arctic water.

No comments:

Post a Comment