DAVID SEGUIN: UNTITLED




Continuing on with my current vector obsession I thought I'd post these winners by David Seguin. In a similar way to another post a week or so ago these feel like they are part of a greater story (possibly the same one). Whether they are or not, I think this element brings a lot of life to these pieces. The characters feel like they have a purpose, and look determined. What makes these pieces feel like they're part of a narrative? I think essentially because these are the equivalent of action shots in the photographic world. They aren't posed characters, but engaged in some form of activity. I've always found action photos (featuring people) a lot more interesting than posed photos, and I think the same applies here. I think Davids execution here is excellent, his use of layering and depth of field bring these pieces to a new level and elevates them beyond the everyday vector art piece. Check out his behance profile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment