BRAD SCHWEDE: GRAFFITI TECHNICA REEL 2010

Graffiti Technica reel from Graffiti Technica on Vimeo.


I thought I'd share another fine example of where the 3D world meets the graffiti world. This showreel piece by Brad Schwede takes the idea of converting graffiti into 3D a step further than what I've already seen by adding some motion. While I'd be surprised if no one else has done this already I also find it surprising that I'm not seeing a lot more of it – because it works so well. Most large pieces of graffiti are stylised in such a way that they already speak of movement and energy. It seems natural for this style of art to be converted into a motion piece.

I love surreal graffiti art becomes once it's made into a 3D object and placed into an environment. There's an odd duality going on where it feels quite alien disconnected from its surroundings, but at the same time it's something that is so familiar due to its presence as a 2D artform in the urban environment. Check out more of Brad's work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment