GREG HAYNES: TRIANGLE HEAD



When I first this set on Greg Hayne's behance profile I was very impressed, the ever-present 12 year old in me went berserk. My first impression was that this was a digital 3D model, however after closer inspection I believe this is infact an actual model constructed and photographed by Greg! Again with the berserk! By referring to my inner 12 year old I do not want to imply that this is in anyway childish. Instead for me I get a sense of nostalgia from amazing cartoons I had seen as a kid (Astro, G-force, Voltron etc) intertwined with my current obsession/amazement at science fiction and modern technology. I think I will always get a little excited when technology and art collide. It is an area my imagination likes to wonder in and something that's always awesome when executed correctly (like this piece). The tag on the shoulder is a great touch too. Greg has a wonderfully diverse folio that I recommend checking, otherwise the whole series of pics for this piece can be found here and website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment