BRENDAN FITZPATRICK: SHANGHAI AT NIGHT




I find the urban landscape quite fascinating and great to photograph. It's sometimes difficult to reproduce via photography and I find I can be quite fussy to find the ideal shot. Something I'm missing while I'm living in Germany is my tripod, which would allow me to take shots at night (I haven't given up on the idea though...). I think the city has much more depth at night. As the sun goes down it metamorphoses into a different world. Colour disappears into shadow, objects become silhouettes, and lights bring new colour, light and life into lively areas. Brendan Fitzpatrick has photographed some amazing urban landscapes at night and executed them perfectly. Despite capturing mostly large concrete slabs and there being a minimal, if not absent human presence the essence and life of the city is clearly felt.

See the whole series here and Brendan's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment